Drafting original

Working Subcontractors

How to Register

When performing a covered trade in Victoria under a sole trader or partnership ABN, subcontractors are required to register their details with CoINVEST.

To ensure your registration request as an individual contractor is processed in a timely manner, please ensure that you have the following information available to complete the form.

  1. Personal details
  2. Business ABN
  3. Home/postal address
  4. Authorised contact details

Once you have all the relevant information ready, click here to complete the registration form online.

As an individual contractor, you may choose whether to make voluntary contributions towards your own long service leave. This can be a great way to build upon any previous service you may have already accrued as an apprentice or from working as an employee. Once your registration has been activated, log in to your online profile to set up your contribution payments.

Employing apprentices or workers?

If you employ workers or apprentices under your business’ ABN, you will also be required to register your business as an employer with CoINVEST and contribute for your workers in order comply with the rules of the scheme.

Before registering with CoINVEST as a Working Subcontractor, please consider the following: